Online Adult Education & Training Undergraduate Degree and Certificate Programs
This degree completion general studies program in Adult Education & Training is designed for the student who has previous college credits, and would like to earn a degree that could take less time and cost less money than many other Bachelor's degree programs with greater core course requirements.
This specialization provides students with opportunities to work in the broad field of adult education and training. This includes staff development, corporate and career training, adult education, training coordination, community development, mentorship, and in-service training. Courses focus on training fundamentals, educational psychology, and adult learning behavior. Please note that this is not a k-12 teaching certification program.
In order to earn this Bachelor's Degree student s must complete 128 semester-hours credit, 25% of which must be completed through Saint Joseph's College. 18 semester- hours credit in the Bachelor's Degree Specialization area must be earned through Saint Joseph's College.
Three options are available:
- Certificate - 18 credits
- Associate of Science - 66 credits, 24 of which must be completed through Saint Joseph's College.
- Bachelor of Science in General Studies, Adult Education & Training specialty - 128 semester-hour credits, 39 of which must be completed through Saint Joseph's College. Develops the skills and knowledge to teach and organize training programs at the adult and/or corporate levels. Courses focus on training fundamentals, educational psychology and adult learning behavior.
You may apply for and be granted admission status at any time during the year, regardless of program choice.
For undergraduate programs, all applicants must be graduates of an accredited public or private high school, or must have passed a GED examination or provide proof of completion of a GED equivalent, or must have completed a state-approved high school diploma through home schooling.
Students must have completed high school with an average grade of "C" or better, have a standard 2.0 or better for GED students or show college credit with a cumulative grade point of 2.0 or better for admission to an undergraduate degree program. Students who do not meet the cumulative grade point standard may be conditionally accepted and required to take specific introductory course work completed with a grade of 2.0 or better, prior to consideration of formal acceptance.
- Industry-specific curriculum prepares you for more responsible positions in a variety of occupations.
- Courses blend content with your professional experience, allowing for immediate application in your work setting.
- A generous credit-transfer policy is designed to award maximum credit for both traditional and non-traditional learning experience.
- Faculty with practical experience work one-on-one with you to ensure your success.
- No on-campus residency required; optional two-week summer sessions on lakeside campus to accelerate degree.
- Fast Track available for Master of Science in Education
Associate of Science in Adult Education and Training
The Adult Education & Training specialization can also be earned as an Associate of Science Degree, since both the Bachelor's and Associate degree programs share similar core courses. Students enrolled in the online Associates degree must earn 66 semester-hours credit, 25% of which must be completed through Saint Joseph's College. 18 semester-hours credit in the Associates Degree major must be earned through Saint Joseph's College.
Certificate in Adult Education & Training
The six core courses in the Adult Education & Training specialization can also be taken to earn a certificate.