Catholic School Leadership Online Degrees
The Catholic school principal is both the spiritual leader of the school as well as the educational leader. The Catholic School Leadership degree concentration is focused on these dedicated educators working within K-12 Catholic schools throughout the country and beyond who desire to move towards supervisory roles such as vice principal, principal, headmistress, headmaster, dean, president, or similar leadership positions. This degree is also designed for current school leaders within the Catholic school system who wish to upgrade their skills or for principals from public schools who are moving into the rewarding Catholic school setting.
This degree is a blending of educational leadership and Catholic theology. The Catholic school principal is the spiritual leader of the school as well as the educational leader. School Leadership is a ministry.
Core Education Courses (18 credits):
- ED 531 Supervision & Evaluation of Educational Personnel
- ED 535 Organizational Theory & Planning
- ED 536 Educational Leadership
- ED 572 The Catholic School Principal as Educational and Spiritual Leader
- ED 580P School Leader Internship (6 credits)
Core Theology Courses (6 credits):
- TH 550 Foundations in Catholic Theology
- TH 581 Catholic Social Teaching
Electives (12 credits)
- Must Complete 6 credits of Education Courses
- Must Complete 6 credits of Theology Courses