Current students contact:
Academic Advising Department
Ready to graduate?
Graduation Requirements and Commencement Information for Saint Joseph's College Distance Education Programs
Distance education students can graduate in May, September or December. All graduates are encouraged to march with their fellow students at the campus commencement on the second Saturday in May.
Degrees are awarded three times a year: May, September and December. Final examinations and degree requirements must be completed by April 1 to graduate in May, by August 15 to graduate in September and by December 1 to receive a December diploma. Students will receive details about graduation as they near the completion of their degree requirements.
To be eligible for graduation, students must meet the following requirements:
- For an undergraduate degree program, complete satisfactorily the number of undergraduate credits required in the program with a 2.0 grade average, and an average of at least 2.0 or higher in their concentration, major and minor;
- For a graduate degree program, complete satisfactorily the number of graduate credits required in the program with a 3.0 grade average;
- Complete satisfactorily all program degree requirements as defined in the particular program by April 1 for May graduation, by August 15 for a September graduation and December 1 for December graduation;
- Submit a completed application for graduation to the GPS Graduation Coordinator by March 1 for May or September graduation and October 1st for December graduation;
- Pay all outstanding Saint Joseph's College debts; and
- Pay the $75 graduation fee.
Graduating with Honor, undergraduate students only
Students who perform well academically can graduate with honor, a designation listed on their transcripts and diploma. Undergraduate students with at least 63 credit hours earned at Saint Joseph's College who achieve a cumulative index of 3.90-4.0 will graduate summa cum laude; those with a cumulative index of 3.70-3.89 will graduate magna cum laude; and those with 3.50-3.69 will graduate cum laude.
- 3.90-4.0, summa cum laude
- 3.70-3.89, magna cum laude
- 3.50-3.69, cum laude
Students who have earned between 54 and 62 credit hours at Saint Joseph's College and who have achieved a cumulative index of at least 3.50 will graduate cum laude. The cumulative index for the purpose of graduation with honors is based on the student's records at Saint Joseph's College.