The CPA Series Workshops
Save the Date!
We have some new and exciting workshops for 2014. These workshops are a day-long program ideal for Certified Public Accountants and all financial professionals who need continuing education to meet licensing requirements as well as other professionals. Come and earn continuing education credits.
2014 Workshop Dates:
- May 22
- Affordable Care Act Updates - Steve Gerlach, Employee Benefits Attorney, Bernstein Shur
- Estates & Trusts Updates/DOMA Updates - Richard Ploss, Trusts and Estates and Business Law Practice Group, Preti Flaherty
- Maine Board of Tax Appeals - Robert Creamer, Chief Appeals Officer, Maine Board of Tax Appeals
- Ethics and Elder Law - Jennifer Eastman, Partner, Rudman Winchell
- Cool Tech Tools for CPAs - Justin Sparks, Instructional Technologist, Saint Joseph's College
- Save More Tomorrow: Practical Behavioral Finance Solutions to Improve 401(k) Plans - Josh Chase, Financial Advisor, Lebel Harriman
- August 21
- State Tax Updates – Heather Popadak, Maine Department of Revenue
- The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly of the PPACA – Shawn Brennan and Scott Boucher, Barresi Financial
- PPA Restatement & Pension Trends – Rene Morin, Downeast Pension
- HR Best Practices for Small Firms – David Ciullo, President, CMA
- HR Tips for Small Clients
- September 26*
- November 20
*The September workshop will be held in Bangor, ME at the Hilton Garden Inn. All other workshops are held at Saint Joseph's College in Standish, ME.
Stay tuned for details on what each workshop will offer for sessions.